About Spache the Spatula
First of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I am delighted by each and every visitor, but even more so by the comments you leave!
I discovered the food blogging community shortly after moving to Seattle (from the sunny Gulf coast of Florida) in the summer of 2008. I was overwhelmed by the amazingly fresh ingredients I had access to out here in the Pacific Northwest, and began looking up recipes online. This lead to a massive obsession with food blogs. At the end of 2009, I finally decided to start one of my own in order to keep track of all of the recipes that I made and created.
Who is Spache the Spatula?
That’s me! My name is Rachael and, when I was younger, my cousins used to call me Spache (rhyming with Rach), and somehow that led to the nickname “Spache the Spatula” (which I actually used to hate when I was a little girl!). I thought it seemed like quite the fitting title for my food blog!
What do I do?
I’m a 24-year-old full-time baker and blogger living in Seattle! I graduated from the University of Washington in 2011 with a BA in English and a minor in Anthropology. In the beginning of 2012, I started selling some of my baked goods on Etsy.com, the fist step in bringing my dream of opening a bakery into reality!
Since culinary school proved to be far too expensive, I have made it my personal goal to teach myself how to cook as best as I am able. Baking has always come naturally to me, but cooking has always been somewhat of a struggle. After starting this blog, I have become far more comfortable preparing meals and I now actually feel like I (somewhat) know what I’m doing!
Who is this “Mikey” you always talk about?
Mikey is my wonderful boyfriend, taste-tester, and photographer.
He graciously photographs 75% of the recipes on my blog with his Canon EOS 20D camera and brand spankin’ new Canon EOS 5D Mark II. The other 25% of the photos are taken by me with my dinky Canon Powershot SD1200 IS or my iPhone!
How can I contact you?
You can comment anywhere on this blog (I get notifications on all comments), or you can e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org