Just as Ree over at The Pioneer Woman states, tomato cream sauces really are the best of both worlds. They have the savory-ness of the tomato, but also the richness of the cream!
Since I love tomato cream sauces, and artichokes are probably one of my favorite foods, I knew I needed to make this dish right away!
The pasta was absolutely excellent! It was super easy to make and full of flavor!
- 1lb capellini pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5oz.) of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (14.5oz.) of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions 'til al dente.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream and chicken broth.
- Add in salt and pepper and nutmeg to taste and continue to stir over low heat until heated through.
- Put drained pasta in a large bowl and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Pour the sauce over and add chives.
- Toss to combine and serve!
recipe adapted from here