[Goose Valley Giveaway winner revealed at end of post! Sorry it took so long guys. I was super busy this weekend!]
Some evenings the day has just been so long that making dinner is the absolute last thing on Earth that I want to do. This chili is absolutely perfect for those nights :D.
I love this recipe because, honestly, it is barely a recipe. It is just about the easiest thing I could imagine- open a few can, buy a pre-cooked chicken, plop it all in a pot, and cook. That’s why it’s so great for nights when you just don’t want to spend the time flipping, stirring, and sweating over the stove.
On top of this recipe being incredibly simple, it’s remarkably delicious. It’s rich, yet still light because it is brothy as opposed to a thicker red chili, and the corn adds a nice sweetness that is complimented by the slight kick of spiciness you get from the green chilies. I topped mine with some pepperjack cheese, but the toppings are really endless- avocado, tortilla strips, sour cream, greek yogurt, cilantro- anything you can think up that would be delicious!
There is nothing more satisfying than curling up with a big bowl of some of this chili, piping hot, on a cold rainy day :).
I should probably also mention that this chili makes awesome leftovers!
Easy Peasy White Chicken Chili
recipe slightly adapted from here
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 can Great Northern Beans (or other white beans such as Cannelini), drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 4-ounce can roasted green chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 32-ounce box chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- juice of one lime
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and saute until it becomes translucent. Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds or so. Add in the chicken, corn, chilies, beans, cumin, and oregano and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes. Add in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice!
And the Goose Valley Giveaway winner is:
Garden of Eaten! I’ll contact you to get your address for shipping the rice!
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
You Might Also Enjoy: