I saw this recipe over at Closet Cooking and have been wanting to try it for a couple of months now and have even had the curry roux stashed in my pantry for a while but I just never got around to it. Boy am I glad I finally found the time to make this!
- 1 tbsp oil (I used Canola)
- 1 lb beef, cut into bite-sized pieces (I just used the pre-cut beef for stewing)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 2 carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet apple, grated (I used a Honeycrisp apple)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 box Japanese curry roux
- beef stock
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Add the beef back in and cover with beef stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until beef is fall apart tender, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, apple, honey, and curry roux and cover with more beef stock.
- Stir until the curry roux is fully dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
recipe from here