Oh, hey guys! Remember me? I used to hang out here a whole lot more often than I have been the past month and a half? I post recipes from time to time? It’s me, Rachael.
Look guys, I’m super sorry about my utter negligence of this blog since early December. The truth is, I just had way too much going on. Let’s start from the beginning: first I had finals, then my little sister flew out to visit me for a week, then I flew home to Florida for Christmas, then I flew back to Seattle to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday, our anniversary, and New Year’s with him, and then school started. WHEW! See? Plus school has been more than a little stressful this quarter as I have to write an average of two papers each week.
Well, now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s talk about these super tasty mixed nuts. I made them for Mikey’s parents’ dinner party they had a few nights ago as an extra little surprise as I was only asked to make dessert (which I will be sharing here in the near future).
These make a great snack, or an easy, delicious appetizer. They are salty and sweet and smell uh-mazing. Orange and rosemary make a wonderful combination that ends up being positively addictive.
I highly recommend these nuts because not only are they scrumptious, little morsels, but they take less than ten minutes to whip up!
- 3-4 cups salted mixed nuts (a 17-ounce can)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3-4 tbsp granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want them)
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- zest of one orange
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the remainder of the ingredients and cook, stirring, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is fragrant (no more than 5 minutes).
- Pour the mixture on a baking sheet and allow to cool.