I loved the crisp, refreshing crunch from the cabbage paired with the spicy sauce. This recipe is so simple and so delicious that you have absolutely no reason not to go make these noodles right now, go on, you won’t be disappointed!
Yield: serves 1 very hungry individual, or as a side dish for up to 4 people
- 4 ounces soba noodles, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cool water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used shoyu)
- 1 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar (I used palm sugar because I'm trying to use it up)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp hot chili oil (or if you're like me and like your food extra spicy add 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp hot water
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Whisk all ingredients (minus the noodles, cabbage, green onions, and sesame seeds) together in a bowl; taste and adjust as desired.
- Pour sauce over noodles (only add as much sauce as desired; it is not necessary to use it all), add in cabbage and green onions and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
recipe adapted from here