Hello lovelies! Do you have 10 minutes?
Then guess what? You can make these scrumptious little bites! They’re too easy.
Guys, not even kidding these take 10 minutes to make. I like to allow them to sit for like 30 minutes out at room temperature after they are made, but they set up just fine immediately, so that’s not even necessary if you can’t wait.
I was craving something no-bake-y. Something a lot like these bars (which, by the way, are effing delicious and you should definitely make them), but I wanted something a little less messy, and a little more poppable. Yes, “poppable”… i.e. easy to pop into my mouth. NOM.
Thus, these tempting little bites were born! And who doesn’t love chocolate-y things around Valentine’s Day? Plus, these specific chocolate-y things are on the healthy-ish side. They’re sweet, but not too sweet, and they have a super chewy texture.
Oh, and guess what else? You can very easily make these gluten-free and vegan by substituting your fave vegan Nutella-like spread, and ensuring you buy some gluten-free oats.
This batch will make a dozen little bites, but if you plan on sharing with any sort of crowd, I would double the recipe as it’s hard to have just one 😉
Yield: 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or your fave vegan chocolate spread)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, + more for rolling
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the Nutella, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and salt in a medium pot. Stir over medium heat until combined. Add in the oats and coconut and stir to fully coat. The mixture should be very sticky.
- Roll into 1 to 2 tablespoon-sized balls, and then roll in more coconut. Set onto your prepared sheet pan and and allow to cool. Store in a sealed tupperware at room temperature.