It’s been a while but I’m back home in Seattle and whatnot and ready to get things back on track!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies have always been a favorite in my family, and thus, a favorite of my own! I had promised a co-worker any type of cookie he desired after he covered a shift for me and when he said “White Chocolate Macadamia” I was thrilled!
These cookies are so unbelievably amazing that it’s hard to quite put into words….So I’ll just show you!
Yeah, look a that gooey, delicious mess. They may not be the prettiest cookies around but they are pretty close to the tastiest. It’s the perfect blend of salty and sweet.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
recipe adapted slightly from here
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 2 cups chopped white chocolate (I used 3 1/2 Lindt white chocolate bars)
- fleur de sel
- turbinado sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 240 degrees. Spread the nuts out on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, checking and stirring every 5 minutes until slightly golden. Remove and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add in the whole egg and the vanilla and beat until combined; follow with the yolk and again beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop dough in 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lightly press down on the balls to flatten ever so slightly. Sprinkle each cookie ball with a little turbinado sugar and a bit of fleur de sel.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden (mine baked for just over 13 minutes). Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and setting on a wire rack to further cool.