Umm yeah, I’m giving you a cocktail recipe on a Monday.
But it’s still Summer, so I think it’s probably allowed, right? Plus, this is super easy, and super delicious. The only real problem is that you may have some trouble locating the main ingredient—Guavaberry Liqeuer.
You see, I picked up my bottle while on my cruise. When we stopped in Sint Maarten, there was one drink that was on every menu…yes, you guessed it—the Guavaberry Colada. Then, on the way back to the boat, I noticed a stand selling the stuff and had to have some.
According to their website, “Guavaberry is the legendary folk liqueur of Sint Maarten…It was first made here centuries ago in private homes…It became an integral part of local culture & tradition…Guavaberry is our national liqueur.” Whiiiiich explains why I saw it everywhere on the island! The Guavaberry Colada is the drink that’s usually made with it.
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (13)There’s only three ingredients in this drink: Guavaberry liqueur, cream of coconut, and pure pineapple juice. …Four if you count a sprinkling of freshly-grated nutmeg on top. Oh, and all it requires is putting everything in a blender and blending.
I feel like I should also mention that in no way is this post sponsored. I just found this stuff on my vacation and fell in love 😛
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 9 ounces (1 cup + 2 tbsp) fresh pineapple juice (not from concentrate)
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp) cream of coconut (not coconut milk or coconut cream; usually found on the same aisle with other cocktail mixers)
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Guavaberry Liqueur
- lots of ice
- freshly-grated nutmeg
- maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, Guavaberry Liqueur, and a few large handfuls of ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with freshly-grated nutmeg. Top with a cherry, if desired!
recipe from here