You’d think that getting blog posts up would be much easier now that I’ve graduated college, but I’ve been baking up a storm in my kitchen trying to get my recipes perfected to sell on Etsy! Seriously, my kitchen looks like a bakery bomb went off. There are bulk-size ingredients everywhere!
I know frozen yogurt doesn’t sound like the most appealing thing now that the weather is starting to get cooler, but trust me, this ultra creamy, frozen treat pairs perfectly with the juicy blackberries that are now in season!
I love this frozen yogurt because of it’s unique, yet simple flavor. The tanginess of the yogurt is complemented by the earthy sweetness of the honey, and the poppy seeds add a nice textural component. I also like how the lemon zest seems to wake up the flavors and add a bit of zing!
Aside from serving this with blackberries, I think that grilled pears or a yummy fruit compote or jam would be wonderful served atop the frozen yogurt!
Honey-Poppyseed Frozen Yogurt
recipe from Shelly Kaldunski’s Sweet Scoops
makes about 1 quart
- 3 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup wildflower or clover honey
- grated zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth in texture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Pour the cold yogurt mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scrape the frozen yogurt into a tupperware, cover tightly, and freeze until firm.